Mollom's daily volume
The chart above depicts how much spam and ham (not spam) that Mollom processes on a daily basis. Mollom is one of the largest website spam filtering systems available:
- Mollom is currently protecting 56,377 active websites.
- The average efficiency is 99.99%. This means that only 1 in 10,000 spam messages were not caught.
- Mollom has caught 3,021,953,936 spam messages since it started.
- Yesterday we caught 13,721,121 spam messages.
- On average, 88% of all messages are spam.
In addition to the statistics above, Mollom filters about 4 million messages each day for Netlog, an online social portal for European youth.
Mollom's world map of spam
Mollom's World Map of Spam shows the locations of website spammers across the globe. It displays the number of spam attacks per country as detected by Mollom over a time span of approximately 6 hours. If you zoom in, the blue marks shows the approximate locations of the individual spammers (or that of the compromised machines which send out the spam).